Welcome to the Kingdom Advisors Job Fair! We hope you'll take a moment to stop by the Sterling Wealth Advisors® booth.
We are looking for a Financial Planning Associate and an intern for the summer.
This is a virtual position, meaning you can be located anywhere in the Eastern (preferred) or Central time zones. Our physical office is located in beautiful Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and all travel expenses are covered to visit at least annually. We also pay all expenses to attend our off-site retreat in beautiful Banner Elk, North Carolina.
- Full-time (40 hours per week) salaried position at $70,000 annual compensation, including 401(k) match and three weeks of paid vacation.
- Part-time (30 hours per week) salaried position at $52,500 annual compensation, including 401(k) match and two weeks of paid vacation.
- Independent contactor (1099) position of 30-40 hours per week at $40 per hour with flexible time off. We pay for your tax return to be completed and help you set up your own business.
SWA will also pay for continuing education to obtain the Series 65, CFP, CFA, EA, and CKA.
Work environment includes long-term, supportive team members who are experts in their roles and have been enjoying the virtual-work environment for many years.
Position is ideal for work-life balance, as summers are typically more relaxed as we work on “back stage” projects. Spring and fall seasons include the majority of our client appointments.
Position includes the opportunity for career progression in financial planning through learning from Elizabeth Barrett, a seasoned CFP who started her own practice in 1998. Elizabeth is unique in that she not only has her CFP, AIF, and CKA, but also has her Master's in Counseling Psychology. This unique background allows her to help our clients clear the behavioral and mental “clutter” so they can grow their wealth, understand when “enough is enough,” and experience the indescribable joy of seeing lives changed as they give generously.
What You Get To Do
- No sales will be required.
- Preparing for client meetings using “best of breed” industry software. As a completely independent firm, we have the autonomy to choose the best of the best.
- Preparing financial planning deliverables and analysis including, but not limited to, estate-planning summaries, insurance analyses, beneficiary reviews, retirement projections, and investment analyses.
- Organize client information, develop plan deliverables, and make preliminary recommendations.
- Sitting in client meetings to record the outcomes of important decisions and next actions as we discuss all aspects of a client's financial life.
- Assisting clients in completing their “homework” between meetings via Zoom (i.e. buying I-bonds, funding their Health Savings account, enrolling in Medicare, freezing their credit, allocating their 401(k), etc.).
- Attending tax-planning meetings and tax-return-review meetings with our partner CPA firm.
- Preparing tax-planning and retirement scenarios.
- Pass a computer literacy test on Excel, Microsoft Word, and basic 1040 tax knowledge.
- Pursue Series 65 and (ideally) CFP designation.
- Additional education and/or credentials in tax, accounting, counseling, or teaching are a plus.
- Desire to serve clients and colleagues with excellence and a servant heart.
- Aptitude and passion for growth.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to think strategically to improve client-service systems.
Sterling Wealth Advisors®, Inc., fee-only personal financial advisors, provides financial planning, retirement planning, investment counseling, and tax advice.
Located in Plantation, Florida, and serving clients nationwide, we provide comprehensive financial and investment planning for a fee and receive no commissions from the purchase or sale of products. We act in a fiduciary capacity for our clients.
We help clients define what they want out of life and how their financial situation can be adjusted to enable them to lead what, to them, represents a happier, more prosperous, and more fulfilling life. Our services help clients identify their personal goals and their personal definition of fulfillment. We then help them map out a journey that will get them, year-by-year, closer to those goals.